10 Top Tech Jobs for 2022
As a result of the pandemic, there were many people laid off, and businesses failed unpredictably. As the world is recovering, knowing the most in-demand tech jobs can be an advantage for you to secure employment. We will list 10 of the most in-demand tech jobs for 2022.
The tech industries are starting to boom again. Companies are searching for candidates who are willing to work to fill long-term positions. The expectation is that these tech jobs will be in demand for quite some time. As promised, here is the list of the best tech jobs for 2022.
- DevOps engineer
- Cloud architect
- Product manager
- Programmer analyst
- AI architect
- Systems analyst
- Network administrator
- Software engineer
- Blockchain engineer
- Data scientist
1. DevOps Engineer
A DevOps engineer is responsible for the designing, updating, and deployment of software. The design phase includes coding, scripting, and process development.
DevOps skills include:
- Coding and scripting
- Experience with tools like Git and Jenkins
- Skilled in Linux or UNIX system administration
- Deep understanding of DevOps best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The average salary for DevOps is $95,000 to $140,000.
2. Cloud Architect
A cloud architect manages a company’s cloud computing strategy and manages and supports the company’s cloud.
Cloud architectural skills include:
- Familiarity with ITSM
- Scaling cloud applications
- Experience with programming languages such as Ruby, Python, and Elixir
- IT engineering background
- Excellent leadership skills
The average salary for a cloud architect is $120,000 to $202,250.
3. Product Manager
A product manager supervises the development of a particular project from the initial stage through the final stage. The product manager also manages the company programs and oversees the task flow to ensure people stay on task.
The product manager skills include:
- Product lifestyle management
- Experience with management tools like Pivotal Tracker
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding and representing user needs
- Defining a vision for a product
The average salary for a product manager is $90,000 to $120,000.
4. Programmer Analyst
A programmer analyst designs and codes new programs and creates documentation of the process using flowcharts and diagrams. It will be beneficial if the candidate has experience as a computer programmer, systems analyst, or both.
The programmer analyst skills include:
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot information systems
- Knowledge of programming languages like Java, C, and C+
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in CS, IT, or a related field
- Knowledge in programming
5. AI Architect
The AI architect is responsible for overseeing all AI initiatives. The AI architect will have a heavy focus on math and statistics.
The AI architect skills include:
- Experience with Python and Torch
- Knowledgeable in TensorFlow or similar technologies
- Development of REST APIs
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science
The average salary for an AI architect is $110,000 and over.
6. System Analyst
The role of a system analyst is to design techniques to assist in problem-solving by analyzing IT systems. The system analyst is also responsible for resolving an issue cost-effectively and testing programs and databases to ensure they are operating correctly.
The system analyst skills include:
- Analytical skills
- Data analysis and programming
- Technical analysis and project management
The average salary for a system analyst is $59,000 to 92,000.
7. Network Administrator
The network administrator is responsible for LAN/WAN protocol, software, and hardware. The network administrator may be on call in case of an emergency.
The network administrator skills include:
- Professional certification
- Analytic and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of business IT
- Presenting network plans
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in information systems or computer science
- Five to 10 years of work experience as:
- Database administrator
- Computer systems analyst
The average salary for a network administrator is $112,690.
8. Software Engineer
The software engineer is responsible for designing (including coding and building applications), developing, and installing software systems.
The software engineering skills include:
- Computer science and software development
The average salary for a software engineer is $94,280.
9. Blockchain Engineer
The blockchain engineer specializes in creating and implementing digital solutions for organizations. The blockchain engineer also analyzes the organization’s tech needs and designs solutions for those needs.
The blockchain engineering skills include:
- Have a solid foundation in digital technologies
- Awareness of safety protocol stacks
- Knowledgeable with:
The blockchain engineer’s average salary is $150,000.
10. Data Scientist
A data scientist manages and analyzes large amounts of data with artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive modeling. Since this job requires the interpretation of data to cultivate a business strategy, strong math and technology skills are pertinent.
Additional skills and knowledge include:
- Linear algebra and calculus
- Data visualization
- Coding and data wrangling
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science, statistics, or mathematics
As the world recovers from the pandemic and opens up, more and more jobs become available, including tech jobs.