Max has successfully led, launched and rescued multiple enterprise level (B2B, B2C, SaaS, PaaS) high visibility, risk and revenue projects for customers such as AAA, KLX/Boeing, Southern Nuclear, SAIC, GAP, Sephora, Williams-Sonoma, Restoration Hardware and many others. He is experienced in SDLC from product design to development and testing and is an experienced Solutions Architect and Director of DevOps who excels in eCommerce, Cloud Computing, CI/CD, and testing.Hire Max
Responsible for managing microservices driven architecture and infrastructure as code, compliance, governance, change and release management, as well as long term DevOps vision. Led effort of defining and establishing DevOps culture and process while also building out the DevOps teams. Successfully launched 3 visible and enterprise-critical products.
Responsible for building out the DevOps and Integration Engineering teams while also managing various mission critical vendor relationships. Responsible for solution and integration architecture, implementation, and oversight across member platform. Pioneered a DevOps culture throughout enterprise.
Responsible for DevOps and Integration Engineering Teams; provided technical expertise for various teams across enterprise while also being responsible for solution and integration architecture, implementation, and oversight. Designed and implemented tagging and branching strategy for digital and application teams, designed and piloted log aggregation solution using ELK Stack, automated Salesforce deployments, designed and implemented various Jenkins pipelines, coordinated releases, and managed on, near, and off shore resources.
• Designed Automated Continuous Delivery solution for provisioning of ~ 40,000 compute nodes spread out across North America.
• Fulfilled subject matter expert role to establish best practices for Release Management.
• Supervised Agile application development team (on-shore/near-shore).
• Oversaw end-to-end SOA based architectural design, implementation, integration and stabilization phases of the web based metadata driven project to support push button software deployments to ~3200 North American GAP Inc. stores.
• Provided day-to-day technical guidance and supervision to Development, DevOps and QA teams.
• Responsible for on-time delivery, prioritization, forecast planning, resource and vendor management of an Agile project under very aggressive timelines.
• Provided technical and strategic guidance to junior members of the team to insure success of the project, as well as to groom future super-stars for the enterprise organization as a whole.
• Introduced and established Development Operations team at Sephora.
• Expanded DevOps team to 5 offshore/onshore engineers, providing 24/7 support to the various Sephora teams
(Dev, QA, Networking, Security, Database, Content, HelpDesk, Business)
• Supervised and prioritized resources based on business constraints and requirements.
• Responsible for managing hardware/software in multiple data centers
• Participated in the architectural design and implantation of 2.0 sephora.com
• Introduced continues build and deployment systems to Sephora IT
• Designed and implemented build/deploy and configuration management system to Sephora IT
• Designed and implemented log aggregation using SPLUNK across our hosted cloud
• Successfully implemented AKAMAI DSA and AKAMAI SPA application for Sephora.com maximizing user experience
• Introduced various monitoring tools/practices for Sephora.com
• Release Manager, supporting multiple onshore/offshore development teams
• Vendor management and contract negotiations.