Eugene is a Data Management Practitioner with 20+ years experience in design, development, and delivery of IT solutions for Data Acquisition, Storage, Processing, and Analytics. Eugene has deep experience in Solutions Architecture of scalable data processing and analytics solutions while also have 15+ years of architecture, design, development, and modernization of complex enterprise architectures. He also has 10+ years of hands-on experience with public (Azure, AWS) and private cloud capabilities including computer, storage, databases, and RESTful APIs.
Eugene has exposure and experience with Machine Learning, AI, and Statistics, in the context of their application to real world business problems. He also has extensive experience with building data pipelines, modernizing ETL/ELT pipelines, and integrating data across legacy systems.Hire Eugene
• Leading modernization of BI & Analytics capabilities in Wealth Management domain (Credential Financial, Qtrade Canada (Online Brokerage) and NEI Investments (Funds)). • Architect & Deliver External BI Capabilities for Aviso partner and client ecosystem that delivers both pre-packaged and ad-hoc intelligence via multiple delivery methods. • Work with Aviso product management teams to design, rapidly prototype, and productionize new internal and external data product ideas and capabilities • Evangelize Data Engineering roadmap and help promote insights driven culture - Bridge building between analysts, business end users and developers. • Tech Lead team of 5 BI Specialists across multiple locations. • Defined and support SDLC for Data Engineering and Analytics development streams. • Power BI Enterprise Governance and day-to-day support / administration
• Tech Lead for data architecture and data engineering stream of the next generation of Investment Advisor platform uniFide (web/mobile app SaaS B2B multi-region deployment) • Designed migration of data stores/workloads into AWS Cloud • Defined, documented and presented target state for the Big Data Platform (EDH) for IaaS and PaaS • Data Modeling and Data Architecture for several curated Datasets (3rd normal, Kimball, Data Vault) • Defined, documented and presented Data Ingestion & Data Processing Architecture framework. • Designed and developed numerous complex ETL & ELT data pipelines. • Lead a team of 3 Data Engineers.
Tech: MicroStrategy 9.5/10, Informatica 9.6/10, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Cloud (AWS, Azure) • Managed 2 teams responsible for Data Integration and Analytics respectively. • Developed and supported data strategy and created multiyear technology roadmap supporting LOB’s objectives. • Engaged with business and technology leaders to understand business strategy, articulate architectural solutions, evaluate tradeoffs and influence key decisions. • Architected solutions for business initiatives ensuring alignment with future state data architecture vision. • Lead Architecture and Design of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solutions • Provided thought leadership, best practices, and standards required to deliver effective data integration, reporting and data visualization solutions to the various business units and executive
Tech: Microsoft SQL Server 2014, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDM, DQ, AX Dynamics, Power BI, MicroStrategy 10, Cloud (Azure), C#, SQL Projects: • EDW, “360-degree view of the Customer”, Campaign management, Digital Marketing • Operational Efficiency and Human Capital Availability / Utilization, Financial Forecasting Highlights: • Worked directly with business analysts and functional users to perform detailed data analysis and developed data models for the enterprise data warehouse and several data marts. • Integrated multiple data sources via custom developed utilities and standard ETL tools. • Integrated XML/JSON/API data sources/streams into EDW and transactional data stores. • Implemented Data Quality & MDM processes and drive remediation with Data Owners.
Architected end-to-end BI/DW and Analytics solutions for various clients in resource mining, media, education and financial industries. All projects involved gathering business requirements, solution architecture, platform evaluation & operationalization, conceptual / logical and physical modeling of the data warehouse, data governance aspects (MDM, DQ, etc.), development of ETL pipelines to populate the data warehouse and data marts, cube design, and report development.
• Delivered Cloudera CDH design topology for CIBC Data Hub project • Installed and configured Cloudera CDH on multiple environments (Dev, PROD, DR) • Configured enterprise features for Cloudera CDH: HA, DR, SSL, LDAP Technologies: Hadoop, Cloudera CDH, Director, Impala, Shell, Bash
• BI/DW architecture/design/development (Data, ETL, Semantical Layer) orchestrating deliverables of Professional Services consultants from MicroStrategy, Adastra & Deloitte on delivering corporate BI dashboards, scorecards, etc. including MicroStrategy Transaction Services write-back and Mobile BI. • Solution Architecture, Design and Development of ODS marts for Regional offices based on data sources from Dispatch, Smart Meters, Smart Equipment, combing with ERP data (Oracle JDE). • Data Quality Management implementation and integration with the existing solutions based on Ataccama to measure data quality issues over time and trending information • Technical Lead for the project in IoT with objective of delivering analytic solutions from semi-structured and unstructured data collected by variety of Smart Equipment / Smart Meters (Performance and Health Data) across Kinross operations around the globe with other relational sources of data (Dispatch, ERP, geological systems) into coherent Enterprise Data Architecture. • Predictive Maintenance project with the goal to alert employees for early identification of machine failure
* BI Platform for TD Prime Brokerage Line of Business * Architected and developed end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence analytical solution for Prime Brokerage (Stock Lending (Loanet), Book of Records (ISM), Risk Management (Softek, Algo)).
• Developed Integration Architecture (Informatica PowerCenter, B2BDT platform) – different types of transformations to support data interchange in Financial B2B area. • Designed and developed numerous unstructured data transformations in Informatica B2BDT. Implemented parsing, mapping and serialization for a variety of different B2B interchange formats.
Eloqua10, a total redesign of Eloqua’s user experience to create an intuitive, powerful, cloud-based, marketing automation platform. Subsequently led to acquisition by Oracle for almost $1B • Designed and developed numerous backend features for Eloqua10. • Managed talented team of 6 data engineers and 3 DBA’s across multiple locations. • Built system architecture and developed customization of MicroStrategy (SDK, API) platform for OEM deployment in SaaS environment (20,000 corporate users). • Created and implemented complex data models for OLTP, EDW, logical OLAP applications.
Intercept Solutions for Law Enforcement Agencies • Developed new features to enhance core product (collection and processing of streaming telephony and web traffic data) • Using re-factoring (re-engineering) patterns dramatically improved level of performance / throughput for several crucial sub-systems in 100 – 1,000 times
Projects: Reuters Global Estimate Data Repository, Reuters Global Fundamental Data Repository, Reuters Knowledge for Investment Managers (RKIM), The Price Volume Analytics, The Reuters Fundamentals Analytics Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MS DTS / SSIS, WSS, VSS, ERWin, SQL, C++, C#, .Net • Designed and built back-end implementation, including real-time incremental consensus estimation calculations • Created the transformation routines to transform and load the data (ETL); • Introduced new techniques and methodologies (e.g. partitioned views (distributed / local), indexed views, meta-data repository) to dramatically improve overall system performance and data quality that allowed to get business problem resolved and the project was completed timeliness and within the budget; • Carried out data quality program through implementing various constraints / business rule engine, monitoring and profiling activities;