Sharon is a dynamic Scrum Master / IT Consultant with hands-on experience in successfully serving and leading development teams. Sharon has experience using Scrum and Agile principles, practices, and values to deliver high quality to customers.
As a Scrum Master, Sharon is responsible for ensuring impediments are visible and tracked to resolution, facilitating effective sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives, promoting team ownership, participating in story writing sessions to ensure INVEST model is being followed, coaching teams to interact in ways that ensure clear communication of product requirements and team commitments, organizing and participating in client meetings, ensuring compliance with client requirements and business needs, reviewing progress, issues, and risks, coaching team on how to optimize applications for iOS and Android operating systems, tracking and managing burn-down matrix, velocity, and task break-down, and coaching team to follow the workflow to design and develop ServiceNow on mobile.
Responsible for working closely with back end engineer to design and tweak API used by front end, facilitating effective sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives, fixing bugs which were reported by product managers and customers, ensuring that products adhered to quality standards, coaching continuous improvement and self-organizing behaviors in the team while promoting the use of Agile practices, clearing team’s impediments and ensuring team is raising and clearing impediments on a daily basis, reviewing progress in JIRA, issues, and risks, identifying gaps in knowledge and addressing them through teaching, mentoring, and coaching of best practices, successfully deploying ServiceNow on mobile devices so technicians could tag medical devices, and coaching team and product owner on Agile/Scrum concepts and principles to ensure team is continually improving.
Responsible for coaching teams Lean-Agile practices, managing and maintaining team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team, train, and program leadership using tools such as Rally software, facilitating teams’ progress in achieving commitments through issue, risk, and dependency management, directly contributed to success of team in feature delivery, maintaining relevant metrics that help team and third parties, and cultivating and promoting culture of continuous improvement.
● Define and coordinate assignment of roles and responsibilities of key project participants
● Create and maintain project documentation sites in SharePoint for all assigned projects.
● Coordinate and define project plans, deliverables, schedules and change requests and assure that all tasks are performed in a complete and timely manner.
● Cultivate customer relationships for all assigned project initiatives while ensuring that quality services are delivered while completing the project on time and on budget
● Interacted with end users, customers and stakeholders to elicit business and systems requirements.
● Conducted interviews, surveys, client visits, focus groups, workshops and JAD sessions to gather requirements to understand current and desired functionalities.
● Analyzed business requirements and converted to use cases, workflows and process models to help
● business users and development teams better understand the process.
● Produced Functional Requirements Document (FRD) with clearly defined requirements.
● Acted as effective liaison between business owners and the technical team.
● Supported with designing and executing test plans for User Accepted Testing (UAT).
● Provided support and training to end users in using applications.
● Managed projects to meet business needs while staying within scope and
● Working together with the Program manager to plan and ensure the smooth flow of each release.
• Coordinated multiple Agile and Waterfall projects to ensure tasks and deliverables are completed on time and within
budget to meet program’s and client’s objective.
• Evaluated risks related to requirements implementation, testing processes (Requirement Traceability Matrix), project
communications, and training saving the company a lot of money.
• Conducted interviews, surveys, client visits, focus groups, workshops and JAD sessions to gather requirements to understand current and desired functionalities.
• Consistently met project deadlines which led to successful implementation of program.
• Analyzing existing systems and recommending enhancements to improve efficiencies.
• Worked closely with product owner in the management and prioritization of product backlogs which involves various
modifications usually triggered by a change in requirements.
• Assist Quality Assurance Testers with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to test the usability of the new application.
• Developed UML diagrams (Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and Business Context Diagrams) to document business activity and flow of information.
• Gathered and elicited requirements from stakeholders to develop software applications that improved operational efficiency
• Served as Lead Business Analyst responsible for reviewing all of the team’s requirements; developed a clear requirements process that led to reduction in missed requirements.
• Developed clear and comprehensible Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD) and other system specifications on time.
• Facilitated daily scrum meetings, sprint planning sessions, estimations, demos and review meetings to successfully deliver applications that met customer’s needs.
• Developed use cases, workflow diagrams, user stories, acceptance criteria and sequence diagrams to clearly communicate system requirements to business and technical stakeholders.
• Acted as effective liaison between business owners and technical teams to minimize gap between the expectation of business users and final deliverable.
• Performed functional, system and user acceptance testing (UAT). Executed SQL queries for data retrieval and validation.
• Worked on multiple system integrations to ensure data was mapped as specified in the Interface Control managing multiple projects while serving as team lead; tracked project deliverables, deadlines and budget while communicating potential risks to appropriate stakeholders.
• Facilitated consensus on project scope, risks, assumptions, and constraints amongst stakeholders.
• Conducted gap analysis, risk analysis, cost estimation and compliance matrix for impending projects.