Robert is an experienced Architect and Tech Lead with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Azure, .NET, Angular, WebAPIs, PWAs, Databases, and Android Development. Strong business development professional with a Associate’s Degree focused in Computer Programming from Mesa Community College.Hire Robert
* Cloud Architect for a major project for Maricopa Country Treasury Office & Maricopa County Assessor’s Office. Led the architecture for the project and was a technical resource for the development team. I led meetings giving PowerPoint presentations on architecture, coding standards, and best practices. I also setup and configured various Microsoft Azure resources, including, but not limited to, Azure AD B2C. I was also responsible for defining the coding conventions that would be used for the project.
* I led the PODS services team at PetSmart. I coached and mentored junior developers, upskilling the team. I was responsible for working with the PM to define and assign stories and tasks. I led the team in developing services that powered multiple employee and consumer facing web apps. I was responsible for Azure Functions and ServiceBus communications between services, including salesforce integrations.
I was also responsible for creating scripts to synchronize database changes across various environments.
A senior architect on the enterprise team, responsible for APIs, reporting, CMS, and tooling for a high traffic, highly concurrent promotional products for fortune 500 companies. I worked on a suite of libraries, services, and tooling to be used on all promotions. I was responsible for a suite of services (apis, reporting, tooling) used for high traffic, short-term promotions for a major client. I built things with .net standard and asp.net core on Microsoft Azure. I was responsible for deployment to Azure services and the configuration and management of Azure resources.
* Responsible for business critical areas: vehicle details, recommendations, search, and On Demand.
* Designed and developed the api that powers vehicle pages and mobile apps.
* Worked on features to increase KPIs and improve customer experience.
* Created and refactored various systems to reduce technical debt and improve performance.
* Worked closely with the Scrum Master to create JIRA workflows, statuses, fields, screens, and issue types used by each track in engineering.
* Responsible for deploying code to production using azure release management.
* Responsible for creating SQL tables, queries, stored procedures, and functions.
* Created NuGet packages and VSTS build definitions.
Participating in planning, retros, and code reviews.
Collaborated and worked with the EDGE team (an architecture team)
Responsible for architecture and development of features for a point of sale app using Scrum Agile methodologies.
Created an AngularJS/TypeScript/Cordova app that used custom gulp based build system.
I led the conversion of the POS app to Xamarin, retooled the architecture and implemented MvvMCross for MVVM architecture.
I integrated 3rd party POS devices such as printers, barcode scanners, VFD displays, and cash drawers. I created abstractions and high level services that supported using different devices and device types. I used DI and IoC patterns. I did performance testing with Chrome Dev Tools and Xamarin/Android profilers.
I transitioned the dev teams from TFS to Git and JIRA.
I also configured TeamCity for CI/CD, which built and deployed apps to the stores.
I also setup and configured JIRA workflows, screens, and dashboards.
I transitioned the team from using hangouts to Slack and implemented various integrations.
This role started as a 3 month contract to hire with Robert Half Technology, which converted in June 2015.
* Developed features and fixed bugs on several WebForms and MVC projects using MS SQL or MongoDB.
* Upgraded Umbraco installations and healed corrupted Umbraco databases using Red Gate.
* Developed features and fixed bugs for top clients.
* Responsible for addressing security issues, bug fixing and refactoring for .net 4 MVC based web site
Various freelance dev work for small businesses and people through mostly freelanced based websites at the time.
A part-time job I held while attending college. Diagnosed computer issues and helped students with their technical issues. Stocked various PC lab materials and maintained printers and other equipment.