Paul is a Software Development Manager with 25+ years of experience. He is a forward-thinking, technically curious problem solver with expertise in enterprise solution development, project management, and team building. Strong aptitude for Agile process improvement. He excels in coordinating with cross-functional teams and business end-users. Paul is personable and engaging with the communication skills needed to align complex operations.Hire Paul
Forward-thinking, technically curious problem solver with expertise in enterprise solution development, project management, and team building. Over 25 years of progressive experience in software development roles. Strong aptitude for agile process improvement. Excels in coordinating with cross-functional teams and business end-users. Personable and engaging with the communication skills needed to align complex operations.
Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley AFB, CO, February 2017 – Present
Branch Chief Systems Development
Orchestrates 15 technical resources in execution of software development and systems analysis projects. Drives application software design and implementation in alignment with IT best practices. Lead daily/weekly Scrum meetings with contract lead and program management office (PMO). Coaches and motivate team members, practicing proactive performance management. Executes system/software outages, requirements, and roadblocks with operations personnel. Ensures 24/7/365 global web application and enterprise data uptime. Owns BMC remedy, cloud, and SQL server enterprise functions. Schedules staff and prioritize workload to optimize impact of human capital.
Plans and delivers computer science and information technology courses to undergraduates. Teaches subjects including C++ object-oriented programming, principles of programming languages, introduction to programming, and Python programming.
Series: 2210 Pay Plan: PS Grade: 13
Application Software / Systems Analyst .NET Programmer (This is a federal job)
Enterprise Web Infrastructure Support (EWIS)
Enterprise Infrastructure Support (EIS)
Enterprise Operations (EO)
Service Delivery and Engineering (SDE)
• Assured the work of the team is carried out and is accountable for outcomes and results;
• Performed a range of coordination and supportive tasks, utilizing a variety of coordinating, coaching, facilitating, consensus-building and, planning techniques;
• Personally performed a variety of work involving the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing applications software and work involving technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of Internet, intranet, and extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of web sites;
• Provided guidance to less-experienced specialists and the Chief Technical Officer on the web applications and web services portion of the IT Technical Architecture;
• Worked with other IT organizations to set standards for software development and participates in the IT Senior Technical Team and other IT joint operations meetings.
• Planned, designed, developed, tested, implemented, and managed the Internet, Intranet, and Extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of websites. Reviewed agency policies concerning websites and developed state policies accordingly. Interfaced with all state staff offices and units to collect files, data, publications, and current information, in an electronic format, to consolidate, organize and create interactive web pages with necessary hypertext links to produce accessible “online” information. Managed Internet servers
Designed and developed software solutions that enabled delivery of critical health services. Provided network administration and enterprise web infrastructure support. Guided junior engineers and technicians on web applications and web services. Partner across IT organizations to define and implement standards for software development. Collaborated with functional proponents of databases to convert to interactive HTML web page files.
• Enhanced service delivery at $32M VA datacenter web services provider.
• Ensured compliance with copyright requirements Americans with Disabilities accessibility standards.
Developed interactive databases for web applications.
Planned and delivered 300-level undergraduate courses in E-Commerce and biometrics.
College of Computer Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering
CIS 361 – E-Commerce
This course covers concepts, IT skills and tools, and social and ethical issues encountered performing e-commerce in a contemporary fashion, with focus on technical issues rather than business practices.
CIS 372 – Introduction to Biometrics
An introduction to the basics of biometrics and investigation of the mainstream biometric technologies being used. This course explains the underlying image processing concepts required to understand biometric techniques. Also included are ethics, privacy concerns, and the future of biometric technologies.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor University of Phoenix
College of Information Systems and Technology (Online)
POS/408 .NET I
This course introduces object-oriented programming in the context of business application development. It develops the skills and knowledge necessary to produce beginning event-driven programs with graphical user interfaces (GUI). Topics include standard Windows compatible forms, controls, and procedures. The course uses Visual Basic.NET 2010. Instructing professional experience in software development and testing for enterprise web and windows programs. Quality assurance, and change control from a software team perspective.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor Red Rocks Community College
Computer Science I: C++ Levels Undergraduate
CSC 160 C++
This course explores the discipline of computer science. Topics include algorithm development, data representation, arithmetic and logical expressions, sub-programs and input/output operations using a structured programming language. Intensive computer laboratory activities are required. Object-oriented techniques emphasized.
Created application software to enhance multiple domains of application functions and responsibilities. Served as functional systems administrator of GPO IT&S systems. Developed comprehensive assessment of data management requirements.
United States Air Force Secretary Air Force (SAF)
Financial Management Center of Expertise 6162 S Willow Dr Greenwood Village Room 300A Greenwood Village, CO 80011 United States
01/2010 – 01/2012
Series: 2210 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 12
Web Programmer / Functional System Administrator (This is a federal job)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
Web Programmer / Functional System Administrator
(CAP) This system is a web-based application designed to facilitate management and reporting working status of FMCOE employees and projects. System is a force multiplier all Economic Analysis (EA) and Business Case Analysis (BCA) requests and approved project work tracks the owner and information workflow from initial inquiry until approved for closure by the Major Commands Commander of which the analysis performed.
Functional Systems Administrator of the FMCOE development systems to include Web Developer Visual Basic.NET, Database Administrator SQL Server, Communities of Practice, Share Point, FMCOE Air Force Portal Administration. Analyze organizational usage of existing database programs to develop a comprehensive assessment of data management requirements. I assure the efficiency of operation, testing, and maintenance of large, complex database programs.
United States Air Force Air Force Research Laboratory Kirkland Air Force Base
Space Vehicles RV Directed Energy Directorates
Albuquerque, NM 87117 United States
05/2002 – 01/2010
Series: 2210 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 12
Senior Applications Software / Systems Analyst (This is a federal job)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
Program Manager & Test Manager
Supervised the Enterprise Information Technology Data Reporting EITDR portfolio and reporting to Chief Information Officer. I supervised the annual Presidential Budget cycle for 10 years. I was the overall technical advisor and program manager of six Air Force mission assurance categories level 3 software, and hardware enclaves for the Air Force Research Laboratory Directorates. I led the Chief Information Office software team for,
• Information Technology Lean DITSCAP/DIACAP Initiatives and Processes IT Lean.
• Supervised the software Certification & Accreditation (C&A) work flows required to complete the six in-house government developed software.
• Received approval to operate software development lifecycle Production and Test
• Windows development and Web development enclave architectures
• Internet / Intranet / Extranet and Windows standard desktop
• I was instrumental in accomplishing the overall team development of six completed IT Lean, Certifications & Accreditations, with a team of 10 contractors, 6 civilians, and 10 Airmen. The C&A mission completed after a two-year IT Lean approval process that matched the software development life cycle.
• Financial User Group Project Manager I provided oversight, management, and review of the Kirtland Air Force Research Laboratory Financial Management systems, business feeder systems, and systems that collect or pass financial data. The Portfolio Management utilizes strategic planning and enterprise architecture as tools to manage Air Force IT investments.