Paul is a leader and champion of collaboration with an agile mindset. He has 28+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Project Manager, Solutions Architect, Application Developer, Programmer, Facilitator, and Instructor. Paul has over 20 years of experience with cross-functional and multi-organization projects. He is honored to be an IBM Champion for Collaboration Solutions for 2014, 2015, and again in 2016.Hire Paul
This five-year period working exclusively, under contract for The App-Garden, a SaaS solutions provider to K-12 school districts.
• Product Owner for SaaS Volunteer Management System (VMS). In the Spring of 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic began to seriously impact the school district’s customers and their policies for admitting and utilizing volunteers. He took the initiative to collaborate with some progressive school district customer contacts to design a new, customizable volunteer activation and compliance agreement and workflow. This solution was released in August 2020, before the start of the next school year.
• Experienced API programmer. Recently worked with the CEO, CPO, and other engineers at cerebrum.com to extend their GraphQL API to support the integration of their Covid-19 vaccine credential system with The App-Garden’s K-12 Volunteer Management System.
• Project Manager for concurrent development, customization, migration, integration, and customer implementation and onboarding projects.
• Solutions Architect and developer of responsive, multi-language, and highly customizable SaaS solutions for K-12 schools districts.
Co-founded TLCC (The Learning Continuum Company) in 1997 to provide eLearning courses for IBM software and certification programs using our in-house developed virtual learning environment. TLCC’s eLearning courses disrupted and then replaced the existing instructor-led classroom training that previously was only available through IBM Authorized Education Centers.
• As TLCC’s Curriculum Program Manager, was responsible for the development and distribution of a curriculum of technical eLearning courses.
• Recognized as an “IBM Champion – Social Business” for three consecutive years for my work in promoting IBM’s collaborative technology platforms through presenting at international and regional conferences, and at our monthly TLCC webinars.
• Video course developer and blogger at www.pauldn.com.
Founded John Q. Networks to provide contracted instructor services with a focus on IBM and Lotus technologies.
• Over this 5-year period, delivered 900 days of advanced in-class training to over 7000 students across Canada and the United States.
• Developed superior training, presentation, visualization, whiteboard, and communication skills.
• Recognized as one of the top instructors in the world for Lotus Notes courses, and later IBM Notes and Domino courses. When IBM acquired Lotus Development Corporation in 1995, chosen and contracted by IBM Education Services to teach Lotus Notes development and programming to IBM Global Services (IGS) consultants around the world.
• Joined IBM as a Systems Engineer (SE) in the IBM Sales and Marketing division.
• Attended IBM Account Marketing School and ranked 4th in a class of fifty.
• As an IBM SE assigned to large insurance accounts, pursued an FLMI designation which he earned in 1986. Moved to the IBM Head Offices for Sales and Marketing in 1986 to become an Insurance Industry Specialist (IIS).
• Became the IBM Canada expert on knowledge-based systems using IBM’s first commercial expert systems products from the IBM Watson AI Labs, IBM Expert Systems Environment (IBM ESE), and IBM KnowledgeTool.
• As an IBM Knowledge-Based Systems Engineer (KBSE), was sent to Winnipeg for a 4-month on-site residency at a large insurance provider to participate in a research and development project to determine if IBM ESE could be used for disability underwriting. Developed the occupational component, which later went into production, and had access to and would regularly interview three senior disability underwriters. This experience marks the start of the development of his expert-level interviewing, listening, knowledge mining, and knowledge engineering skills.
• In the last two years with IBM, worked on-site at a large insurance provider in Guelph, Ontario, as the Project Manager (PM) for IBM resources.