Experienced and motivated Agile Champion with over seven years of experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Team Coach and proven leadership skills especially with ability to inspire and motivate colleagues to achieve professional goals and objectives, with a history of successful work with cross-functional teams. Professional experience across Telecommunications, Healthcare, Transportation and Financial domains with emphasis on best Scrum practices according to the understanding of the business for both client/server architecture and web-based applications. Patrick is a Professional Scrum Master (PSM) and Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO).
● Worked with the product owner, stakeholders, customers, and users in identifying and documenting Epics
● Prepared various dashboards in Jira using advanced JQL & Filters
● Effectively communicated weekly project status using the Burndown charts to the business leadership, while identifying the problem definition as part of continuous process improvement towards the business continuity of the organization
● Educated and ensured Agile/Scrum implementation methodology, practices, values and framework are adhered to by team members, while resolving impediments by coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional team
● Coordinated with the scrum team in Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings, Sprint Retrospective Meetings and Backlog Grooming meetings
● Worked closely with the developers working on Web Orchestration and Java API’s to integrate it with different applications
● Created Sprint Burndown, Burn-up and Release Burndown Chart to keep track of the team’s velocity and sprint progress for forecasting, and any scope changes
● Coordinated with the scrum team during each Sprint towards a shippable product release working closely with the Product Owner to make sure each user story in the Sprint Backlog was worked on
● Worked with a well self-organized cross-functional development team (called Developers) to execute roadmap and bring new functionalities to the product
● Tracked and managed all change requests taking them through the complete change request lifecycle Backlog Items (PBIs) using techniques like MoSCoW and estimated Story Points using Planning Poker.
● Mentored and coached business analysts, developers in applying agile principles and practices to achieve team unity and high performance.
● Fostered strong team values, created an environment where the teams were self-governing and continued to explore and implement ways to improve.
● Assisted the PO in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization, and plan accordingly by conducting project related presentations
● Effectively guided Scrum and Kanban teams.
● Creating working agreements, establishing and helping the teams by all means to achieve their Sprint Goals
● Facilitated retrospectives using innovation games
● Took ownership to drive through resolutions of issues or blockers, coordinate directly with other development/product teams on inter-dependencies or through Scrum-of-Scrums ceremony.
● Educated and coached the teams on usage of Jira & Confluence tools
● Reflecting and radiating the metrics like burn down chart progress, quality, and velocity continuously to the team and various stakeholders
● Prepared various dashboards in JIRA using advanced JQL & Filters
● Helped Product owner with effective management of backlog
● Ensured INVEST criteria is met for all the user stories in backlog
● Ensured the teams are adhering to the DOR and DOD criteria
● Educated business on usage of Confluence for business requirements
● Facilitated continuous improvement initiatives and process reviews.
● Optimized workflow efficiency and led the ceremonies and ensured smooth delivery.
● Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
● Transitioned teams from waterfall to Scrum and Kanban
● Coached Kanban teams in developing team processes, determining Definition of Ready and Definition of Done.
● Creating working agreements, establishing and maintaining Work In Progress (WIP) limits.
● Create & Maintain live dashboards in Jira and Create reports in Confluence by linking Jira and Confluence.
● Planning for the release to be delivered to the release train to be deployed in production and tracking the progress through Jira.
● Communicating with the different stakeholders, Third party vendors, systems for any blockers or issues.
● Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame and retribution.
● Conducted daily stand ups with the core scrum actors, to monitor the project status and manage any roadblock.
● Interacted closely with the PO to itemize and analyze the product backlogs and epics.
● Functioned as a liaison between various corporate departments (executives, legal, IT and vendor relationship)
● Assisted in creating Business Requirements Document, Functional Specification Documents (BRD, FSD)
● Assisted with the review of Business Requirements, Functional Specifications to ensure the quality of SDLC deliverables
● Assisted with the system testing/user acceptance testing (UAT)of the functional enhancements as needed
● Used MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint for project tracking, documentation, presentation and managing the documents
● Created use case diagrams, and use cases using UML modeling tools such as MS Visio
● Ensured completed activities met project specifications, requirements and Union Bank of Nigeria Standard
● Evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts, decomposed high-level requirements
● Reviewed test cases and scenarios and met all project data deliverables and deadlines
● Requirements documentation using Microsoft Office Suite and Visio
● Derived Functional Specifications Document (FSD) based on User Requirement Specification (URS)