• Develop Add-ins for ArcGIS pro and Desktop using C# or Python programming languages.
• Develop full-stack web applications using technologies such as React, Node, Express, MySQL, and Leaflet.
• Develop database schema, SQL queries, query layer views, and feature services for field data collection.
• Review and test applications developed by subcontractors for several projects, including MS4 service area calculation.
• Develop web maps for before and after stream restoration projects.
• Develop and publish map services to ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.
• Update and maintain stormwater GIS layers, SDE database, stormwater-linear network, and store as-built plans.
• Produce high-quality custom cartographic maps, e.g., watersheds, floodplains, floodway, stream restoration, easement, dam inundations, and maps for other environmental projects.
• Execute complex GIS analysis tasks using spatial analysis, 3D analysis, and other GIS extensions to generate reports for DEQ, FEMA, Community Rating System (CRS), and county executives.
• Automate mundane workflows using Python or MS Power Automate.
• Update the division’s web page using SharePoint, HTML, and CSS.
• Update and maintain the FEMA-LOMA properties database and Dam inundation areas.
• Create mosaic raster datasets from Pictometry imagery.
• Coordinate with other departments to obtain updated data.
USAID funded Land Reform in Afghanistan (LARA).
• Supported software developers and translated client-side and server-side applications.
• Provided recommendations during software configuration, testing, and deployment of enterprise land registry (GRM Registry), Cadastral Server (ArcGIS Server), and web mapping applications.
• Used ArcGIS to calculate future growth, informal settlements, flood areas, danger zones, and critical environmental areas.
• Developed maps for drinking water resources, proposed future settlements, waste collection planning, transportation system, land use plans, and road construction or planning projects.
• Managed a large cadastral survey project. Responsible for QA/QC of land-related collected data. Assigned tasks to the data entry team. Approved contractor invoices and implemented the project in compliance with USAID regulations and procedures.
• Trained and built the capacity of survey teams.
• Worked as a liaison between the office and various counterparts and the community to efficiently complete the project.
• Provided GIS-related technical guidance and support to road engineers, urban planners, and environmental engineers.
USAID funded Regional Afghan Municipality Program for Urban Populations Project (RAMP UP-W).
• Managed a team of four GIS specialist and their activities; we were responsible for developing land use, land cover, road network, and water resource maps for the entire West region of Afghanistan.
• Trained government employees to use ArcGIS and data management technologies.
USAID funded Strategic Provincial Road Southern and Eastern Afghanistan Project.
SPR-SEA’s multi-million-dollar project objective was to design and rehabilitate 2,000 kilometers of roads. I was the supervisor for the entire GIS (Geographical Information System) unit.
• Supervised activities of the GIS unit, including tracking workload and assigning tasks to GIS technicians.
• Developed and maintained enterprise geodatabases to store daily field-collected data.
• Responsible for quality control, cleaning and verifying the accuracy of attribute data and metadata.
• Developed SOPs and standards for map making, road data collections, and data processing methods.
• Provided GIS-related technical support to field engineers, hydrologists, aerial survey, security, and COCB teams.
• Prepared weekly road design and construction progress reports and maps.
• Developed cartographic maps of road structures, e.g., culverts, causeways, bridges, and retaining walls.
• Developed a monitoring and evolution M&E system for tracking road construction progress within the GIS framework.
• Used GIS and photogrammetry applications to perform raster analysis, image classification, and 3D data extraction.
• Developed DTM and DSM for road design engineers and converted CAD and MicroStation data into ArcGIS format.
• Worked as a liaison between other departments and agencies regarding geospatial data and GIS-related challenges and issues.
USAID Funded Project Afghanistan Infrastructure and Rehabilitation Program (AIRP).
• Managed GIS data and aerial photos collected from fields.
• Coordinated all GIS related activities like flight plan and flight route with an aerial survey company.
• Processed aerial imagery using photogrammetry workstation. Prepared Interior/exterior orientations files, rectified images, created orthophotos and extracted 3D data.
• Supported field surveyors, road design engineers, road construction supervisors, and hydrologists.
• Used ArcGIS to find existing power transmission towers for Southern Electric Power System (SEPS).
• Developed custom cartographic maps.
• Created maps for all US-funded road construction projects.
USAID Funded Land Titling and Economic Restructuring Activity Project (LTERA)
• Managed land management database and GIS layers.
• Prepared and designed a database to store land ownership(title) data using the ArcGIS database management systems.
• Managed and supervised the activities of field surveyors and data entry technicians.
• Prepared survey forms, survey data standards, job area, and task order.
• Responsible for quality control of collected data.
• Developed cadastral maps, parcel numbers, street addresses, and parcel ID marking.
• Managed office IT network infrastructure, performed Installation, troubleshot and updated server and client systems, performed regular back up of the data server, and maintained a virus-free network.
• Provided technical expertise to Kabul Urban Reconstruction Projects, e.g., maps for road widening/asphalting, drainage system, waste collection, water supply, and street lighting.
• Trained others on how to use GPS, ArcGIS, CAD, and MS applications.