Jay has been an IT Consultant for 10 years, working on a number of projects and specializing in SQL database design and development. Over the last year, he has been focusing more on Python and Cloud technologies. His most recent experience includes acting as a Data Integration Engineer at 1upHealth and completing his Data Science Certification.
* Assisted in new client FHIR resource onboarding/ingestion for July 1st compliance deadline.
* Setup AWS EC2 instances and PostgreSQL databases to meet various requirements.
* Performed data analysis and mapping.
* Configured Apache NiFI DataFlows to load and convert Health Care data in compliance with FHIR standards.
* Proposed and implemented best practices (ex. using github.com for version control).
* Analyzed business applications and their data to identify sensitive information.
* Reviewed the information with its owners & worked with them to determine a remediation plan.
* Performed enhancements to existing SSRS reports.
• Shared .NET-related knowledge with less experienced developers.
• Set up TFS and development environments i.e. select versions of Visual Studio/SQL Server Data Tools.
• Managed architecture, development, and deployment of all back-end databases.
• Designed, built, and maintained ETL jobs for data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
* Reviewed user business requirements, created functional system/report designs, designed and coded data extracts, developed and executed test scripts, and other functions in support of business objectives.
* Collaborated with members of the Data, Analytics, and Report Team and other risk professionals to migrate current manual data source load processes to a production environment.
* Responsible for working with technical partners to assist in translating business needs into complex analysis designs and recommendations.
* Identified and recommended internal and external data sources, compiled/mined data from multiple, cross-business sources.
* Supported the design and development of complex queries. Including prototyping new approaches to demonstrate target state views, as well as designing and developing short-term solutions to support immediate business needs.
* Assisted with validation/testing of data during parallel runs.
* Ensured adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
* Assisted in the technical build-out and support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization.
* Acted as an internal consultant within technology and business groups to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies.
* Modified/ran PowerShell scripts.
* Created SharePoint/SOAP requests.
* Agile environment under transition to Waterfall
* Created and modified existing ETL process/SSIS packages
* Created and reviewed project designs/docs
* Created and modified SSRS reports
* Reviewed/created Business Requirement Documents/Use Cases/Data mapping
* Supported Data Warehouse
* Utilized exceptional technical knowledge to consult with internal departments on complex systems, data, or reporting challenges, and opportunities or initiatives
* Developing complex queries from administrative systems to audit the quality of the data, provided information for decision-making, automated manual processes or provided data sets to other IT teams
* Evaluating and leveraging system functionality or conceptualizing technological solutions to accomplish critical data initiatives
* Sharing knowledge of IT systems, business policy and practice, and reporting best practice and technological possibilities through consulting and other collaborative endeavors with internal employees
* Monitoring the impact of upstream technical changes or business process changes on data and reporting systems
* VB.NET/VS2012/TFS applications to support Store Planning Team
* Created new classes/modules that seamlessly integrate into legacy systems and support existing applications
* Imported, exported, updated data via MS SQL/SSMS
* Performed SQL Server Admin functions.
* Wrote MS SQL stored procedures and various store sales reports
* Gathered Informal business requirements
* Created MS SQL ETL scripts based on business requirements to load and perform calculations on confidential class action data
* Identified and resolved data issues with BA and QA teams to ensure requirements were met and data integrity was maintained